The fresh capital revealed now will assist groups continue to target the fresh economic, social, and you may environment pressures due to brownfields websites
- The Passamaquoddy Tribe during the Pleasant Section, away from Perry, Me, might have been chosen for $1,300,100000 to have a beneficial Brownfields Evaluation Give. Give money will be accustomed run environment webpages tests, upgrade an internet site . directory carry out societal group meetings, and you will ready yourself reuse and you can clean arrangements. The mark region of that it give is approximately 128,411 acres of tribal lands on State from Maine together with both Trust residential property, Percentage property, and the Charming Part and you may Indian Township Reservations, and additionally low-Indian places about adjacent Arizona Condition teams from Calais and Meddybemps. Consideration sites through the Charlotte Smith Assets, a clear facility, gasoline services station and you may garage known as the Calais Site, the 555-acre Backscatter Radar Website, plus the former Beatrice Rafferty University.
- The town of Portland could have been picked to get $five hundred,000 to have an effective Brownfields Assessment Grantmunity-wide offer loans would be utilized for environmental website examination, cleanup preparations, and you can area engagement products. The mark region of so it give is the Town of Portland, targeting brand new Bayside/Eastern Bayside Area. Consideration internet sites include a-two-block industrial area that is increasingly being made use of since the a keen unpaved truck lot and you will an effective scrapyard, and you will an effective seven-acre commercial cardio.
- The city away from Saco might have been chosen to receive $five-hundred,one hundred thousand for a beneficial Brownfields Analysis Grantmunity-wide offer financing will be used to carry out ecological site examination, prepare yourself cleaning preparations, and you may perform area involvement affairs. The target region of so it give was Downtown Saco, Saco’s Sector, additionally the Lincoln Street Town. Priority websites become previous automotive resolve business and you can former gas stations.
- Dawn Condition Economic Council, away from Machias, Myself, might have been selected to receive$500,100000 to have a good Brownfields Comparison Grantmunity-large grant fund was familiar with perform environment webpages tests, develop clean preparations and you may service people outreach facts. The goal areas for it grant could be the coastal teams off Machias, Eastport, and you can Lubec. Consideration web sites include the old Machias town treat, an area airport, an empty and you may abandoned animals restaurants bush, an abandoned solvents manufacturer, and a great waterfront railway webpages.
- The town regarding Wiscasset could have been chosen for a $700,000 Brownfields Clean Offer. Offer fund could well be familiar with tidy up the newest 4.5-acre North Section Fill City found at the latest north tip out of this new Birch Part Peninsula, that is currently polluted that have inorganic contamination and you can polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. Grant financing will be employed to make outreach material and public involvement items.
The fresh Agency is proclaiming $6,000,100000 in non-competitive extra financial support to several effective present Rotating Loan Finance (RLF) Give programs that have currently attained victory within try to clean and you can redevelop brownfields sites. The following Maineorganizations were picked to receive low-aggressive extra financing because of their present RLF applications.
The latest funding established today will assist groups continue steadily to address the financial, public, and you may ecological demands as a result of brownfields web sites
- Maine Service out-of Economic and Society Advancement, out of Augusta, Myself, might have been chosen for $step 3,000,100000 having RLF supplemental resource. The brand new agency has experienced a maximum of $8,524,983 out-of EPA within the past age for this system and also properly generated financing otherwise subgrants causing 30 clean up projects one are generally accomplished or even in progress. Potential programs for this the newest capital are the Baked Bean Facility for the Portland and Caribou Power-plant during the Caribou. The fresh new Bipartisan System Legislation (BIL) resource will continue the capacity of the system to add financial support to get more cleanups in the most underserved section on Condition away from Maine.
- Southern Maine Planning and you will Creativity Fee, regarding Saco, Me personally,might have been picked for $step 3 ,100,one hundred thousand getting RLF extra investment. The fee has experienced a maximum of $several,805,692 of EPA inside the prior ages because of it system and it has effectively generated fund or subgrants leading to 21 clean up ideas you to are either accomplished or perhaps in improvements. Potential ideas showcased to be used of brand new financial support include Best Tanning in the Berwick and you can In the world Woolen Factory in Sanford. The BIL investment commonly offer the capacity of the system to offer capital for much more cleanups in the very underserved components in 39 towns within this York County, south Oxford Condition, and you will Cumberland County.